PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another option
Thread: Another option
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2020, 02:47
bigglesbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can also echo the spirit of that. I was made redundant in 2017 from one of the big Blue/Red/White operators in Australia whom I had transferred to from Aberdeen. Market forces and such is life so whilst I was sad and disappointed I went looking to find other avenues of work. I did pick up two years of work flying offshore but am back unemployed again so making headway into the unmanned arena. For me having flown models helicopters since I was 12 unmanned aircraft was an easy transition and I am now teaching the RePL syllabus in Perth WA to a variable audience and loving it. I am also VERY lucky to have done two very interesting jobs flying aircraft from ships, one a tourist dive vessel and the other an offshore supply ship. The breadth of applications I am coming across is astounding and we are really only limited by technology and our imaginations.

I would very much like to return to flying manned helicopters again as that is my true passion but for now unmanned is proving a very interesting challenge. I HIGHLY recommend people look into it if nothing more than a sideline and for $h1ts and giggles. I don't believe unmanned aircraft will eliminate manned in my life time but one day in the future perhaps, they need to make sure automated cars don't run over cyclists first.

Stay safe, healthy and if you are still flying, fly safe.

Merry Christmas

Si