PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another US Start-Up Airline ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2020, 14:19
yankeefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was offered a job and declined. Good luck to them...

I interviewed not knowing their proposed compensation. When I found out, I was disappointed and declined.

At the end, I asked them to please poll the pilots working for them already (certification guys, CP, DO, etc.) and ask if they thought that $109/hr was a fair and adequate wage for an A320 Captain based in SNA or LGB... I said if they answered yes, I would be shocked. Then, I wished them well and said if they changed their minds and wanted to meet my salary requirements, call me.

If I was hiring folks to fly me and my customers around, I would hire the best and retain them! But, of course, I am a low-life 25 year airline pilot that is not hiring pilots and has no customers! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Job search continues.

Final Airbahn thoughts, I think they are addressing pilot compensation all wrong. I told them that. I declined and wish them well. The higher-ups I met seemed nice and smart. But they are wealthy people that want to take advantage of the perceived labor market. Good luck to them, but I think they are wrong on this pilot pay thing. I think anyone would that has ridden around in metal sky ships for years and years. But, for those that accept their terms, good luck to you and I wish you well also.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by yankeefly; 17th Dec 2020 at 15:51. Reason: technical error