PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020 / 2021 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - With a Twist
Old 14th Dec 2020, 11:33
attitudepowertrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ned.
Hope itīs not too late for the calendar challenge. Once again many thanks for these great calendars and amazing helicopter industry photos.

Like a lot people in the rotary world, 2020 was a mixed feelings year.
I've decide to leave my former company in the end of 2019 to get a new type rating on a more advanced aircraft and to change place. Based in Western Africa for 6 years the intention was to get there back again with with competence to fly a better helicopter for the offshore.
Well. Everybody know what happened. the pandemic closed all the oppotunities to get a new job and I found myself with a new TR but with no way to get a job and some experience.
Fortunately I found a vacancy as a freelancer for HEMS that allowed me to get some income and some flying hours on the new type.
Like everything in life: one door closes, but there are good chances of getting a window open for you. Looking for an offshore job, this place now is giving me the opportunity to see some other aspects of life and I feel myself rewarded to be part of emergency medical care.

I'm looking to 2021 as light at the end of the tunnel - the train is passing right now.
Wish you and all the other ppruners a great 2021.

APT