PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tricks of the trade for flying tailwheel?
Old 14th Dec 2020, 04:54
Mach1Muppet

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A Quick update on what i learnt and what caught me out doing my tailwheel endo.

Gday all, Finished the TWU endorsement today (good idea not to need surgery in between is a good tip), and boy oh boy, what an absolute pleasure to fly an aeroplane with a tailwheel. Dancing on the rudders became oh so apparent when mucking about on the ground, and it can really bite you if you treat the aeroplane poorly. Wheelers..... good in some planes not too fun to start off with in the decathlon, just like you all said a wheeler is an art form in itself, i never truly realised how difficult it could be (thanks to Dave Pilkington for the 1700rpm trick worked an absolute treat!) once you get them right, they are the most satisfying flying you could imagine (in my opinion) finally flying the plane back to hangar like you all said was more true than i could have imagined, understanding tight turns, wind and all of that fun stuff made it a very interesting but satisfying time.

Finally, i want to say thanks to all of those who gave me advice, it was truly worth its weight in gold, i have come to understand there is so much more to learn with a conventional undercarriage, but for now i have my endorsement, so let the fun begin!

Last edited by Mach1Muppet; 14th Dec 2020 at 05:15.