PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Boeing 787-9 flights SYD-PER-CDG, SYD-PER-FRA
Old 14th Dec 2020, 02:53
Global Aviator

Received 128 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay Arr
Logged into PPrune for the first time in months/years to reply to this.

I wish people like you would stop regurgitating this stuff. The Govt did NOT issue warnings to all Australians living as expats overseas to return immediately. The "immediate return" thing pertained to leisure and business travellers. Expats were told to remain in place.

Truly, do you recall the Aus Govt ordering all Australian pilots working for Emirates, Qatar or Cathay Pacific to immediately quit and return home? Just for one example. No, didn't think so.

The vast, vast majority of these "30,000" are expats who have subsequently been sacked, run out of contract, visas etc. How many left Aus AFTER the warning? Probably close to zero. For heavens sake, start thinking, man. Stop with this persistent nonsense. And have a bloody heart.
One of the best responses understandings of the situation I’ve read. Well said! I bet most of on here know are least 1 pilot effected overseas, now think outside aviation, so many Aussies lives upended and they can’t get home.

For one second put yourself in their shoes. Contract terminated, notice given, job gone. Need to pack up a home, close a life off, get ready to start again. Then only to be kicked in the nuts by the ridiculous caps causing $$$$$$$$$ airfares, oh check out the cost of containers to move home, I’ve had mates tell me what the all in costs are.

Show a little compassion and don’t believe everything mainstream media reports!