PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2020, 19:17
Spanish eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedDragonFlyer

For my sins I work at Luton Airport and inbound numbers have considerably picked up this weekend. It is always easy to spot those that have not seen loved ones for many months or maybe a year or two by the hugging and kissing in arrivals. If I didn't know better I would never know we are in the middle of a pandemic as people don't kiss with masks on. It will be no different though to what will happen over Christmas when families here visit other family members between the 23rd and 27th but it does make a nonsense of current rules about not going inside homes you don't live in outside those dates and then there is the valid question about visitors bothering to quarantine. To say it is no ones business is fundamentally wrong as breaches will just prolong the agony and new imported cases will then start new chains of infections.

What is happening in America since Thanksgiving with its surge in cases and now 3,200 deaths each day should act as a warning as in January when Christmas and New Year passes the country will pay a high price. The Irish press is commenting on 100,000 Irish heading home for Christmas so it is easy to see how this virus spreads at speed and Luton Airport will be doing its bit to help that spread.