PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020 / 2021 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - With a Twist
Old 12th Dec 2020, 20:06
Rwy in Sight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ned, thank you very much for keeping up a nice ritual that means so much to the members here.

I am not sure we can brand 2020 as a "Murphy's year" but it covers most bases. I started the year without a job but hopes to get a decent one and it ended up in a similar situation: I have landed a job on a call center with little interesting prospects. Additionally 2020 turned to be the most aviation-free year for a long time despite my willingness to make at least a couple of trips. The closest I came to aviating was trying to make a short airline trip to save a friend from driving some 80km. It didn't materialize and maybe it was for the best - I managed to swim in a river - I was trying to arrange such an activity since 1989 when I swam in Lake Erie.

And while we are all adults here - a female friend who I met on a flight (and spent time with her later) re-appeared and I am happy to announce that not all ex are created equal and are worth my time.

I am going to get the calendar and I hope I will enjoy it as much I enjoy it when this great offer started.

Last edited by Rwy in Sight; 13th Dec 2020 at 07:38.