PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2020, 17:38
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by ericsson16
I don't know why I bother really.
ericson / helipixman
I will also be travelling to South Africa at the weekend on business along with Dubai. Also before anybody mentions ********Zoom / Team meetings that is why muggins is having to bloody go the week before Christmas, after I have just got back from leave in Madeira where I am currently. If I had say £50 for every error I am finding which clients have made due to people having Zoom / Team conversations, and then all got the totally wrong end of what was discussed then I could probably retire in 2022 !

Currently myself and my staff are back in the air doing what we did pre pandemic, and yes we take all the precautions we can Lost count of tests undertaken, and its not much fun, but boy does it get results. Our sales operations have picked up enough work through the actions of our consultancy and PM side as a result of us “being gutsy enough” to quote one client, to close our book until 2023 unless we grow the company further, or indeed a client goes bust. In the latter case as we credit insure the, and will not work with them if we can not get cover, this is not an issue. So yes we will continue to do the long haul flying and meeting with our clients, the risk I would say is greater in a UK Supermarket than in an A/C judging by the figures I have seen, and indeed the numbers on some flights, though my flight down here was nearly full.

Ericson
I would say that the long haul flying experience in masks is not great. We fly business which helps but it is a long flight to SA so plenty of moisturiser I would suggest. Have a good trip.