PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scampton And Linton-on-Ouse Closure
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2020, 15:52
ExAscoteer2

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
I know what you’re saying about how the Reds will be very disruptive and I sympathise with any collocated operators.

I think you do the team a disservice though by saying they demand a sanitised airfield. It is the nature of their flying task that demands it.
So you agree there would be disruption. How am I doing the Team a disservice? I'm merely stating what will be required for RAFAT Ops. At Cranwell it was 2 hrs lost from the FLYPRO - didn't affect us too much on 55(R) (aside from SCT) owing to the nature of our sortie lengths, but it certainly screwed 45(R) and the CFS Bulldogs and Fireflies. That is exactly why the Reds moved back to Scampton in 2000. The experiment didn't work!

For them to do a 9 ship take off, display and recovery it is safety that demands a sanitised airfield, not ego.
Who said anything about ego?

no amount of gnashing of teeth on here will change that.
Who's 'gnashing teeth'? I was merely pointing out why it won't work - no amount of sticking heads in the sand, sticking fingers in ears and singing 'la, la, la' with change the fact that it didn't work before, so it won't work again.