PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ab Initio Smart Lynx & BAA
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2020, 12:39
kitenation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a self sponsored TR with them in 2019. However, before signing in I was offered employment with the condition ill be rated before day one of OCC. The cost of the TR together with base training was 17k €. Now on BAA page they ofer the TR with base training and 1 free TR revalidation for less than that. So 30k € for a TR with "job promise" which will never happen or maybe they will hire you without fixed salary and giving you 0 h is pure scam. You cannot also predict if SL will be alive when u finish ur training - see what happened for example with LH cadets, Lufthansa being much bigger and stable airline.

Also u need to remember, that if u do a "reccurent + OPC" for your money, without flying after that after 90 days you will be facing the need of doing another sim as your proficiency will expire and so one every 3 months.

IMHO enroling now in any "premium price, fast track" integrated training is madness. Only option i would consider now is doing modular, do the PPL, ATPL theory and slowly building hours. If the market improves to a level cadets will be hire again finishing CPL, IR and ME will take a few months or even less without insane debt and paying up front.