PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2020, 12:34
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LTNman

So cruise ships and companies have stopped, they will not be spreading the virus anymore then. If aviation did the same they would not be spreading it either. Did'nt the first case in the UK come in by AIR ? Lets all be honest the virus has not got legs it does not spread itself. It has to travel by human interaction, we take it everywhere, so why did aviation not shut down just like shipping.

I am pro aviation (pilot) but cannot undertand why passengers need to fly around the world at present, holidays not important, some say business meeting have to happen, rubbish rather than fly half way round the world just do it online, it would be slightly less hassle missing a nights sleep to interact with someone in a different time zone than flying 12,000 miles there and 12,000 miles back ? So if travel and interaction with others is the only way this virus is passed on is'nt the answer obvious. Only essential travel allowed for example only cargo flights and air ambulance flights.

And for those who are saying we are stupid for booking a holiday, mine was booked in July 2019 for June 2020 Cancelled and re-booked for June 2021 by TUI rather than go through the process of fighting for my money back. I will obviously re-assess the situation in the Spring of 2021 and if not safe I will not travel, but do not need politicians telling me six months from my travel date not to book anything. I just hope if Nic Sturgeon is telling Scots not to book any holidays she will not allow anyone from abroad to enter Scotland and further kill the economy. Thats my rant for the day - sorry if it offends anyone, just my view.