PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 7th Dec 2003, 21:52
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hank

Flying in the Colorado Rockies is a wonderful experience - spectacular scenery and a good opportunity to learn a little about high altitude ops.
However, I don't think there are any helicopter schools which comply with your "located (very) near some good skiing" requirement. Or, if there are, I couldn't find them. It doesn't take long to fly from the airfields to the mountains, but driving to them from ski resorts takes some time.
When I was skiing in Aspen a couple of years ago, I opted for fixed-wing - lots of f/w schools around.

I've been told since there's a helicopter school at Steamboat Springs called Zephyr Helicopters, but I don't know if it still exists.
You could try contacting Steamboat Springs Airport Manager: (970) 879-9042 or e-mail to [email protected]

Maybe Canada offers more options?
I haven't been skiing or flying in Canada but, having seen posts and pictures by Canadian pilots on Rotorheads, I'm very tempted. Check out the picture gallery and the new Rotorheads wallpaper.

Tudor Owen