PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo GA Flying
Thread: Tokyo GA Flying
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2020, 13:12
CPA288

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tokyo GA Flying

Hello,

I will be spending a few months in Tokyo on a university exchange program and was wondering if anyone had any information about the GA scene around the city. I know it could be difficult. I have an EASA PPL (A) license and fly DA20-A1 and DA40NG. As I am only in Tokyo temporarily, I am not looking for a conversion, rather a method to log a few training hours under PU/T and see how the GA current flying atmosphere is. I am not looking for P1 flying at the moment. I am happy if even someone suggests a flying club with an instructor that I can go up with for a few hours.

I understand that if someone has a foreign license, they cannot touch the controls of a JA registered aircraft, but what happens when a student pilot flies with an instructor (say on their first lesson)? Can’t the instructor give them the controls, even if it is for a few seconds or minutes?

From Tokyo, I see Chofu is relatively close. I also see there is an airstrip to the North of the city, but I currently do not have much information on either.

Further questions might be asked if I can think them up.

Thank you.