PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2020, 12:36
mike current

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

Yes it was sarcastic. I am very pleased with the progress made by science. I am not anti vax, in fact I welcome it and I hope it will help a great deal towards bringing the COVID crisis to an end.
However I am cynical with regards to the narrative and commentary we have been given for the best part of a year. I find Matt Hancock's fake tears on national television more offensive than a sarcastic comment, but he's the one in charge of leading us out of this situation, not me. (Thankfully)

Anyway this is about the COVID impact on Air Travel and I hope you can see that my sarcasm was aimed at pointing out that we are still a long way from seeing any kind of recovery. I won't get a vaccine for a long time (if ever) due to age and health profile. Similarly it will be the same for a large part of the economically active population. Adequate systems in place to protect the vulnerable and allow the healthy to carry on a bit more normally would have been more beneficial in my view, but it is what it is and it certainly won't change now.

I am very pleased for Mrs Keenan and anyone else that will benefit from the COVID vaccination programme. (And there is no sarcastic tone here).