PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The First UK Independent Defence Authority
Old 8th Dec 2020, 10:06
Sprouts72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the IDA?

In my opinion, it has been a long time coming the formation of an Independent Defence Authority, it just needs to be formally recognised as a safe, go-to organisation for ALL members, past or present including the families of the Armed Forces.

How do I know this? Or support this organisation, because I am just one of many (and there are thousands more) who have 1st hand experience of In-justice within the Armed Forces.

My story in brief……I am the Widow of Capt. Dean Sprouting a dedicated soldier with 30yrs service who rose through the ranks from private to Captain. Just an average Joe before his untimely and avoidable death by the negligent & reckless actions of US servicemen in Iraq Jan 2018 (Fact - it’s all documented in SIB report, SI, US CID report and Inquest findings).

Despite ALL the evidence supporting that Dean’s death was preventable the MoD has failed to challenge the US, who investigated themselves, by themselves and exonerated themselves from any wrongdoings. Ministers and the MoD think it is acceptable that an experienced British soldier, serving his country, wearing a British uniform, following a UK Defence Mandate, supporting UK Defence on operations can have his life needlessly lost and devalued by the process and nothing happens in response, sadly this is the “norm”.

Instead, the MoD and the Minister DPV is failing to support or to protect our own from injustice within - just like the wider complaint piece. Hence this is why Justice for Troops, IDA and Centre for Military Justice formed to do the right thing and support not just my family but all of our British Military and their families from future injustice.

Those sceptical and you have every right, probably have not yet experienced injustice and long may that continue, but for those of you who have or will, there is now a place for you to voice your concerns, seek advice and support without retribution. A place where your career cannot and should not be affected, your pension safe and maybe an LS & GC thrown in for good measure!

There is no hidden agenda, no subscription fees, just open, honest and transparent help. I am an advocate for gaining the truth and if I did not believe that this is a major step in the right direction for ALL the military community regardless of rank, chosen occupation or branch you serve with, I would not affiliate myself with such causes.

Let’s ALL get behind this because injustice takes no prisoner’s, it knows no boundaries you are not immune, nor are you alone now! I just want justice for Dean and for those who sadly will walk in his footsteps.