PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020 / 2021 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - With a Twist
Old 7th Dec 2020, 17:34
Phil Kemp

Location: Sussex, New Brunswick. Formerly Bowen Island B.C. Canada - one of the greatest places to live on Earth...
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi there Ned. 2020 started out like normal with HAI in Anaheim and a lot of other travel demands in the schedule. As I headed to Asia on my first long-haul trip of the year, I passed directly over the city of Wuhan, which I had never heard of until a few snippets of news regarding a major outbreak of an unknown disease had been detected there. Things were definitely not right when we got to the Singapore Air Show and a huge number of major Corporations simply didn't turn up. The biggest exhibitors on the flight line and in the exhibit halls were completely absent, despite having invested huge sums of money in advance. Then there was a single case of Covid in Singapore, and the response seemed completely out of order in terms of scale and reaction - we still didn't get it yet. Checking in at Singapore for the flight home on the 14th February, a few more things became apparent, if you weren't a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, you couldn't fly into the United States, something I was completely unaware of up to that time. Finally got home and haven't been able to cross the border into the US since March, and who knows when it will be resolved. I already worked from home, so no particular change for me, other than no travel. Then everyone got hooked into Video links and it's never been the same since! Watching the 2021 show schedule unravel, with Paris being added today, so who knows what or where will be next. I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere around though! Merry Christmas and let's hope for a much better 2021.