PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military planes to fly Covid vaccines in to Britain to avoid ports hit by Brexit
Old 7th Dec 2020, 13:50
Headstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here but this is the supply situation as I read it. There will/maybe delays at UK channel ports from Jan 1st or even blockades and closures of ports by French fishermen if they don't get full fishing rights. They may use this tactic as I had a couple of extra days in Normandy this time last year for what was an internal French problem.
So as a contingency the government have a plan to use military aircraft/personnel to transport the vaccine supplies. I imagine the alternative was to have given the job to commercial organisations but only after lengthy contract negotiations and squillions of pounds being handed over.
So the government for once seem to have a workable plan ahead of a possible problem at no or little cost to UK PLC. What is the problem? I'm only talking about the delivery from the continent which is what the Grauniad story was about not the actual jabbing of people.