PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2020, 08:31
Australopithecus

Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
Good question. By stupid behaviours I guess I was thinking of what we see from America, where people are quick to loudly insist on their rights while completely ignoring their responsibilities. After the vaccine has had wide scale take-up I don’t know what the limits of prudence will dictate. We should always keep the hygiene practices, and where possible, social distancing. Would it be a bad thing to embrace the Asian habit of wearing a mask when suffering from a cold?

I expect that with enough of the population inoculated Covid-19 will eventually be like the flu: mostly sporadic manageable cases with the odd mortality.

Also understand that I am writing from an Australian perspective. The virus is all but eradicated here, and people are now behaving more normally. We are however aware that international arrivals can spark yet another outbreak that may re-introduce the virus so so e safeguards like masks indoors are still in wide use. The flights are pretty full, and the airport reunions all seem pretty joyous and pretty intimate. Just a few more months (6?) and this will be mostly behind us.