PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2020, 07:02
boeinga320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touché dr dre. I did exactly what I hate others doing, and tried to make a point using an irrelevant comparison. My apologies. However, having had both covid and the flu, I still feel that all of our opinions on how this thing has been handled are valid because they come from our individual experiences. I understand that certain people feel the lockdowns should be stricter. I understand people are scared, and I can empathise. I also realise that some people are scared of dying, and others are scared of not living. I usually spend my off time jumping out of planes, or surfing. I haven't done either of those things since March. To me, spending a year of my youth hiding from a virus that I've already had; of course I will have a different opinion to someone more vulnerable or risk-averse. I've lost my career, my car, and haven't seen my girlfriend since February due to this. I'm scraping by (got my first big job in Jan, retrenched in March). I'm not looking for sympathy here, just explaining why some people may have differing opinions. I feel like I've done my part (except contracting covid but I isolated strictly then). If this vaccine doesn't work, is this us for good? Where do we draw the line on things that have risk? Like what is the exact percentage? Do we ban cars, alcohol, playing rugby? We seem to have completely rejected the fact that we're all going to die at some stage. And for those that are scared, and have already made their money, why can't they just continue doing what they've been doing? Why do the rest of us have to isolate also? Anyways, way off topic sorry, I should be doing something more productive on a Monday. Anyone need to be flown anywhere?