PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hernia surgery gone wrong
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2020, 03:55
stilton

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hernia surgery gone wrong

I had laparoscopic surgery for a right side inguinal hernia in January of this year

The doctor assured me all was well afterwards but I continued to have pain and swelling months later and it wasn’t resolving

I was diagnosed with a large right side Hydrocele and after reviewing my options reluctantly decided a second surgery (with a different doctor, a urologist) was my best path to removing this painful and uncomfortable ‘problem’

This second doctor told me the Hydrocele was not caused ‘deliberately’ by the initial doctor, that statement has me wondering if he may have caused the Hydrocele during the Hernia surgery due to inadequate care ?

So last week I underwent a right side Hydrocelectomy and am now recovering again and hoping for a good result

Question still is, did I go through all this pain, discomfort, inconvenience and last but not least the second surgery needlessly?

In other words could the Hydrocele be the fault of the first doctor, and how would I know ?

Interested to hear from anyone with a medical background and / or anyone with a similar experience