PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2020, 22:05
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which bit of Ayrshire is local to LCY?
The London part, specifically E14 at the time being discussed, London has been my pprune location for 15 years and LCY was my local airport.
Sorry but you were flat out wrong on your point, the WCML rebuild had a massive effect at the time on the domestic market and your point about VLM seeking exciting new opportunities elsewhere because of slot scarcity doesn't stand up. The WCML impact on MAN-London was profound, indeed there's no point to point justification for MAN-Central London at all now. Only points collectors chasing status go through that level of Hell on BA now.
MAN-LGW survived longer as it was useful for the South Coast and for feeding BA's long haul but the business model changed at LGW and sun routes took the focus. APD made things less attractive in market and that's not gotten any better since the route was dropped. Classic slot sitter alas, unless BA are going to re-set LGW and refocus.

Originally Posted by Navpi
Can we stop referring to MAN - LGW as MAN - LGW.
it's clear as day its LGW -MAN.
Well it's clearly doomed as it's one way only. Doomed I say. Do we think they're going to have a fair crack at helping feed Aer Lingus long haul here? Dare we hope?