PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Judge Bans F-15s from Urban Training in Idaho
Old 6th Dec 2020, 19:58
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GlobalNav
Doing as it “likes?” Actually the military is under civilian control.

I favor a responsibly well-trained and competent military, capable of performing its missions effectively with minimal collateral damage.

All things considered, I don’t much worry about people who claim to lose sleep whining about those who do sacrifice for our freedom. Earplugs are cheap.
In which case as you accept Military is under civilian control. You also accept the rights of Citizens to challenge individual actions are allowed by the law. Therefore your desire for the court to just dismiss their action without hearing of it, seems to have you completely out of step with the law.

A court dismisses a case if it is without foundation, otherwise it hears a case and makes a judgement on the case before it. Sadly you don't seem to believe in their right to even bring a case becasue it is the military.

I believe they have the right to bring a case and let the court decide based on the arguements made and the applicable law. Eitehr side may not like the judgement but getting the court to decide may be best.

Someone referred to "should have gone to congress member or senator". In a functioning democracy a voter an elected representative should be happy to do so. Sadly the US has got itself into a position that a person elected in making representations on behalf of voters may find next election they have a slogan used against them.

"We elected this person to represent us BUT he acted against the USAF. Elect someone who loves our military".................. Vote G Khan / A Hitler etc etc for Congress this fall. This ad is sponsored by lots of dodgy money that we hide behind.

Last edited by racedo; 6th Dec 2020 at 21:55.