PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2020, 13:50
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stewyb

I agree Wizz are probably now the most likely to open some routes after the works are completed. Easy are probably still the best match for SOU but Wizz seem to be riding out the Covid crisis much better than them. Wizz’s links to Eastern Europe would also be perfect to serve the huge Easter European population in the south. I happen to know quite a few who travel as far as Luton to use Wizz. They are clearly also targeting sun routes that use to be served by Thomas Cook.

in terms of Southampton council objecting to the planning, this is hardly surprising when there are militant labour Councillors in charge that are ruining the city by making it only possible to get in and out on a bicycle. Their so called green city charter basically means they have tied their hands behind their back when it comes to supporting anything that goes against the deluded Eco-mentalists. The ridiculous thing is that they partly objected on the basis of noise despite the fact SOU have offered to implement a noise cap which currently doesn’t even exist. Also ironic that they are happy for the docks to start building a fifth cruise terminal when the boats are one of the biggest polluters in the city. There is still a glimmer of hope that Eastleigh Council will agree to give planning as it means jobs for their constituents but it is looking more likely that SOU will have to go down the appeal route. I fully expect SOU to win on appeal as the extension is crucial to their business and they have done enough to address noise/environmental concerns.