PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at RAAF Point Cook
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2020, 20:28
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclan
Reading this is like watching the special needs kid at school fighting with all the others kids in the playground. You know his plight is pathetic and hopeless and against all the odds and you shouldn't watch but it's such a weird spectacle you find yourself looking back again and again.

Sunny, you need to forget this whole "We paid for you, we own you, you work for us" thing. If that were in any way true or sensible, everything in the entire country would be owned in some way by everyone else... the RAAF pay tax, they work for themselves, not you!

But no, you might've contributed some miniscule fraction of a percentage but you don't own them, they don't "work for you" and you have no say in their control. Do you stand outside schools, police stations, hospitals, bridges, ports, universities, bus stations, fire stations, etc shouting that you own them because you paid a few bucks in tax? Do you stand outside your local deli yelling about ownership because you bought milk and bread from them? The RAAF people work for the CDF and the CAF and do what those guys tell them to do. Those guys work for the PM and Minister of Defence. And those guys work for themselves and whomever they think might cast a swinging vote every few years. None of them gives a rat's about the taxpayer and especially the ones that rant maniacally at clouds.

Are you retired or do you still pay tax? Even if you did have some "claim" of ownership, if you don't pay tax anymore then you're in default on your payments and got your ride for free. You owe the rest of us for one C-17 flight.

Also, I suspect you have never met most or even all the RAAF guys you malign on here. Is that correct? If so, casting aspersions on the merest hint of knowledge of the gents is not cool.

I think you need to calm down and get back on your meds before you blow a valve.
Well said.

Whence once upon a time when I worked in a pub you would occasionally get the obnoxious individual state that I pay your wages with the implications that they were your boss/superior. No sunshine the licensee pays my wages. In the ADF, farmer bro in law, in an inebriated rant, stated I pay your wages. I replied my tax pays for your drought relief, flood relief, subsidised fuel, fire relief, etc. If people do not realise that is just one big wheel, unless you are a million/billionaire, we all work and pay each other than you are arguing with a fool and you know what they say about arguing with fool's. They will beat you down and win with their experience and expertise. Sunny I think should have his internet privilege revoked at the retirement village.