PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2020 / 2021 HeliOps Calendar Giveaway - With a Twist
Old 5th Dec 2020, 10:55
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
I have mixed feelings about 2020.
Economically 2019 was much harder for us (primary income isn't from aviation) and the pain and sacrifice that was needed then, put us in a good place for this year.
Brutal lockdowns prevented anything involving an aircraft, so the focus was on trying to adapt to a constantly changing environment.

2020 has provided an opportunity to adjust the perspective, to see what is important, to reflect and be grateful for what we have, at a time when so many people are in really difficult situations.
So I am glad for the clarity this year has provided, but concerned about the longer term economic issues that have been created.

Not everyone has had the resources to weather the storm and I worry for those less fortunate, and just starting out in life, for what it will mean for them.

I often hear people wanting everything to go back to normal, I just hope we don't settle for that and rather aim a bit higher and all try to be a little bit better.