PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2020, 09:40
unexplained blip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingRB
... and has negligible consequence on people with a normal, healthy metabolic system
I accept Boris Johnson is abnormal, and for that reason he needed ventilation to keep living. I accept Tim Brooke Taylor was gonna die anyway, yada yada.

Where I am currently sitting in my man cave, there are three people who had COVID within 50m of me. Diagonally-opposite neighbour to the NW was a fit ex-navy type in his 50s. One of the initial batch of infectees in the state. Still several kg too light, still not near pre-COVID fitness. Couple in house to the SW, husband is mid 40s in aviation, was a keen cyclist, fitness now shattered. Wife early 40s, also was in good shape, and is only now shaking off recurrent waves of anxiety and again fitness is way off. So don't spout uninformed bull**** about COVID-19 being inconsequential. It is at minimum equivalent to glandular fever for many, with an R value exceeding 1.0 by a big margin, so every ******** will get if it runs free.

Just because some government reactions are over the top fanatical, and causing equivalent damage as the virus, does not make it right to spout rubbish about COVID-19 being nothing to write home about.

And to anyone posting malarkey about COVID not killing too many more people than the flu etc, please show a little bit of common sense and consider what might happen if we were not actively shutting the virus spread down by throwing everything else under bus. FFS.