PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 4th Dec 2020, 21:25
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
The only thing I miss about flying for Qantas is the fortnightly pay. It really was good money.

I thought I would miss the flying which on reflection I did at the start. But as the months have passed and having found secure full time employment in another industry I no longer miss it. The jet lag, the back of the clock sectors, the sims, EPs, security, the hotels etc etc.

After so many ups and downs in aviation over the last 25 years I really have had a enough. Alan and his team will make hay while the sun shines and that means even if flying returns there will be more insecurity and more racing to the bottom. Enough it’s enough. For those in LH stood down with no clear path my advice is move on, find another job and leave Qf behind. If they call in the future then great but move forward expecting them to not call. It’s really the only way to handle this.
Well said! The mental health of myself and many of my colleagues is infinitely better than it was several months ago. I didn’t notice how destructive the industry could be to its staff until I had time to step back for a while. It’s like the frog in boiling water theory, if it temperature up on you over 20 or 30 years, it just seems normal. It isn’t!

Edit** As far as pilots being industrially softened up by COVID...they’re not. Almost everyone I speak to is busting for a fight, well rested and refreshed, we are in a better position to stop the rot than we’ve ever been. And there are plenty of jobs out there that can use our unique skill set.