PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is automation dependency encouraged in modern aviation ?
Old 4th Dec 2020, 13:17
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KayPam
You can't comfortably go around busy, noise sensible airports requesting for non standard departures. For example, if the standard departure is an RNAV noise abatement, it isn't commendable to anoy ATC (more talking, probably more work) and the inhabitants (more noise) just because your aircraft doesn't allow raw data RNAV.

Rose VOR is completely manageable if anticipated correctly, it was considered basic during my MCC training.
It is quite fun to consider that the first time I flew the A320 sim, it was all raw data flying and navigating. It didn't seem to be a huge problem. But it is never done like this on the line.

The conventional SIDs in my home base are almost identical tracks than the RNAV ones and no NADP required. That's the nice thing with airports built over the ocean I guess.

Of course it's manageable as long we remember how to fly the needles. xD

Originally Posted by FlyingStone
Not all airport have them. RNAVs are usually also minimum noise routes, so have to stick to those at many noise-sensitive airports.
Ok thank you. Did not know that.

Last edited by pineteam; 4th Dec 2020 at 13:39. Reason: Correction