PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 4th Dec 2020, 02:06
dr dre

Received 360 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Wingspar
Exactly Keg!
57-65 Captains. That training load alone is frightening. The 787 crewing issue also is alarming. Don’t forget the additional airframes parked in the desert. What about numbers for them? The 787 will be very much in demand in the second half. At least QF have all those options!
Hey if we're talking about being "frightened" of training a whole bunch of new 330 and 787 pilots that's a "horror movie" I'd be willing to watch after the year we've just had!

Originally Posted by Wingspar
The situation in the UK with vaccine approval, and more to come, has reported that by Easter and certainly by the northern summer the Brits will have it well under control.
Take it out to July and I can see a very good case for the reinstatement of PER-LHR at that time.
Although that is good news it will probably take longer to get regular scheduled services back. In the article below some Infectious disease experts say it will depend on sufficient vaccination in both the origin and destination countries (here). Australia will be monitoring the vaccination programs in the Northern Hemisphere first prior to our own, which will start months later. I reckon late 2021 by the time everyone's happy, and enough are vaccinated, but I do think PER-LHR will be one of the first routes to come back.

Will Australians be able to travel again once a coronavirus vaccine is available? ABC News

Last edited by dr dre; 4th Dec 2020 at 02:18.