PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scavenging a crashed 777: for a book
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2020, 16:41
MurphyWasRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenpimentel
According to a manual I found, the 777 has backup battery power to operate the cargo hatches in the case of main power failure?
The concern might be that the cargo doors would be blocked by belly landing, guess you could dig a pit around one if that is an issue.

You might be able to manually activate the seats by removing motors to spin shafts by hand. Alternate would be direct connect a battery to motors in case the seat as a unit does not power up from available power.

I think that the passenger list might be a significant factor in having odds and ends that you need:

3 or 4 parties going to a big wedding, bringing gifts with them, this can cover a lot of things that people normally would not have with them such as high quality knives etc.

One of the guests has COPD and is oxygen dependant so will have a portable oxygen concentrator on board plus a larger backup unit as luggage.
The larger unit has a high pressure pump to refill portable O2 tanks.
Given power these can produce moderate amounts (~10l/minute) of O2 for extended periods.
To bad that person has to perish in the crash so no moral dilemma hijacking the equipment.

A couple bringing their own gear for scuba diving, dive lights, (empty) high pressure tanks, spears and knives.

Two or three open source computer geeks returning from a conference, this provides expertise and SW needed to deal with Windows license expiring rendering computers useless.
Actually just had this happen to me on an old laptop that could no longer access a former employers system to verify certificates.

and others as required...