PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 7th Dec 2003, 06:57
PaulE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there everyone,

Well its been a long time since I have posted anything. So here goes.......

I attended the Birmingham Open Day (about 120 pax total) on the 15th Nov - arrived 09.00 hand in resumes, sat down watch EK video and then had a Q's and Answers time. Shortly after than Danielle and Sarah advised that "due to the large numbers..... we cant interview you all.... those who are successful in this round will be contact by 19:00 today.."

I really didnt think I had made an impact - I asked a direct, yet informed question about the companies future, where they are heading etc. - unlike some people asking about maternity leave, bringing over partners to live with etc!!! I know for a fact these people didnt make it through - lack of company research.

I smiled and conformed to all the right body language.... althought I didnt feel this was returned or recepricated, assuming then I DIDNT MAKE IT THROUGH - so as all Aussie's I headed to the PUB with a fantastic girl I met there (Hazel - if your on msg me) THEN, about 20 mins into our drive to a local.... my phone rang..... It was Sarah from Emirates asking me if I could attend an interview tomorrow.

Sadly, I could not - mostly because I had come up from London that morning (05.00am train) no accommodation, working the next day etc - although she said this was no problem - she said thats fine and told me to keep the Sat29/Sun30th NOV free for an interview at Heathrow - "I will call you back with the specifics" EXCELLLENT!

Time marched on.. still no call back. Come the Tuesday before the interview (on Sat/Sun) - still nothing. I decided to send an email.... I was at that point into my 3rd day of a first aid training course - and constatly "going to the bathroom" to check my phone! Then, I received an phone message saying... "sorry Paul, all places are full for the LHR interviews?!?!... may we please see you in the new year JAN.... we are still very interested.... appologies etc"

I wasnt over the moon, but happy for "the call" nonetheless. Then later that night I received an email with a repeat of the earlier phone mesage. Although, this time she told me the specifics of the interview...... very strange. I opted not to go and wait for my official invitation for the new year - I decided to play this by the books and the old excuse of "didnt receive your message" never washes with me at the best of times.
And alas, here I am.... at work, typing this to you all.....

Firstly - TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HELPED ME GET THIS FAR - A big THANK YOU!!! You know who you are

Secondly, if anyone attended the Birmingham Open day - please get in touch.. from what I can gather, hardly anyone got "the call" which is a little sad, because there were sooo many great people there.

Also, is anyone else in the same boat as me? If so please get in touch. Does anyone know anything about LHR (Heathrow) interviews in the new year - expected in JAN???

Lastly, I think this board is an EXCELLENT SOURCE to all people out there - both in the Job and hopefulls like myself!! SO KEEP IT UP PEOPLE..

PS - I couldnt agree more with the "live abroad for Emirates" I have been living in the UK for 1.5 years now - originally from SYD and I REALLY do think this helps. Now I've said that lets just hope it pays off in the interview - like many of you out there - I REALLY WANT THIS JOB. I will be utterly crushed if things go pear shaped.

Take care everyone - and keep on posting
Paule