PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2020, 12:40
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of politics on this thread today. I'm particularly amused by the notion that one's views on Brexit can be presumed to imply a certain set of views on masking-up and vaccination protocols. Perhaps some are trying too hard to stereotype an ideal bogeyman adversary to despise in their own minds? The reality is diversity of views as broad as society itself.

My thoughts turn to more practical matters. I'll be having my vaccination as soon as practicable once I'm invited up for my jab. Hope that comes sooner rather than later, but I'll respect the principle of prioritising groups by risk and will patiently await my turn. But my understanding is that HMG's vaccination tiers reach a cut-off at age 50, with younger folks not currently included within the plans to receive an innoculation. What are the implications of this with regard to international air travel? We know that U18's are unlikely to gain any tangible benefit from a vaccination at all, so it makes sense to exempt those in this age group. But adults aged 19-49 appear to be left in a Limbo by this. Will they be expected to pay for private vaccinations if they wish to travel or go to the theatre etc? Whilst over 50's are innoculated for free? We need a plan for all this ... especially across the airline industry. And we certainly need an international agreement on what documentation requirements will be mandated for crossing borders. Preferably a common standard which will be recognised and accepted at all frontiers.