PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2020, 08:45
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
I will concede on this point which was actually made light-heartedly. Please answer this rather more serious point which is held by some that work in the NHS:
there is plenty of proof that they don't work..... think about all the people that contract CV-19 in hospitals (when they are in there for other illnesses) and care homes where everyone is masked, visored and plastic aproned up to the eyeballs. If all this worked, no-one in any of these institutions would get it - sadly these are the very places where people are most likely to get it.
[/QUOTE] Clue: If masks were able to stop gas molecules, wearing one would stop you breathing. [/QUOTE] Frankly that's just being silly as well as patronizing and passive aggressive - people breathe from the sides and over the top of masks which is why people's glasses fog up.... and I think you know that....
I have watched this thread for some time and it seems to me suspicious that certain posters such as LTNMan and InOban always seem to be online, never really seem to comment about aviation much, are obsessed with CV-19 and always respond in a very specific way that is highly pro-government and always seem to have some supporting 'evidence' to hand..... odd. I am certain they are not posting on this site for any aviation related purpose or interest.
It's a shame that those who share one point of view are not willing to listen to the legitimate views of others - believing blindly in their own views, concocting insulting names for those who have other ideas or views. What a sad sad world we live in. Blind faith in the state, intolerance, opposition to the party line is slammed down, the media is not allowed to challenge etc etc - never ends well.

And since this is supposed to be a debate about the impact on aviation - it seems likely that people will not be allowed to enter many countries without a vaccination cert (rather like Yellow Fever certs in some countries already). With up to a third of people saying they don't want a vaccination, this is going to suppress foreign travel for many many years to come. This reality is probably why the government has decided not to 'save' the aviation sector.