PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is automation dependency encouraged in modern aviation ?
Old 2nd Dec 2020, 06:38
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you reading the conversation ? If you want to correct the thrust for 800fpm to 700fpm, you have to move the thrust levers by a distance as short as an ant's bottom.
It sounds like you're working for Airbus. "The aircraft is perfect as is."
KP as an AB pilot you off course know, informed as you are, that airbus is flight path stable and normal thrust and speed changes do not change the flight path. So you reduce the VS with pitch then keep the speed with ants bottom increase in thrust. How you measure the ants bottom is your call, walk, run, crawl or stand on your head if it suits you. It's not important otherwise FCTM would recommend it.
And no! I don't work for Airbus but since life is not a la carte in real life knowing what your machine does and doesn't and adjusting skills accordingly make your teeth last longer. There are two aspects to discussions, one share knowledge, individual techniques and experiences, the second is idle lament. When the industry is moving towards automated flights with least human presence I think better raw data flying tools is the last thing on their mind. There are more import things required but it's not on cards. B Max needed immediate fix they didn't do it till two crashes. B777 SFO FAA asked them to have look at the throttle hold function they aren't planning to do anything. They also have two different GA procedures one normal and another after touchdown (Emirates Dubai crash) they haven't any plans to change(personally I don't blame Boeing but hold pilots responsible for them). So wake me up when they design better raw data instrument.

Last edited by vilas; 2nd Dec 2020 at 08:25.