PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at RAAF Point Cook
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2020, 03:06
Malakor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Malakor: You just make it worse for yourself don't you? Your sense of entitlement is a mile wide. A National emergency and somehow this is a major sacrifice above and beyond, etc.....?

Perish the thought that the Chinese might attack over Christmas......

But seriously, there were many others who cancelled their leave voluntarily, tens of thousands of them. They were the despised civvies your mate Bodie sneered at. Then there were the police, ambos and professional fire fighters as well. They got no Christmas leave either. What makes you so special? It was a national emergency after all and you claim some special kudos for doing what you were paid to do out of hours? Aren't you supposed to be available 24/7?

I guess I am being a bit harsh. The RAAF gave me a lift home from Coffs Harbor in a C17 a week or two before Christmas. The webbing seats brought back memories. I didn't get to celebrate the New Year either. Yet I'm not complaining.

However its Wednesday afternoon, aren't you supposed to be playing cricket?
Haha wow, no entitlement here, simply wanted to highlight the fact most RAAF members do not despise the civilian community - defending and serving Australia was generally a motivating reason to join.

You mentioned a while ago you were tired of the diatribe and attacks on yourself so you left the forum.. Then you came back. Maybe it's time to go again, permanently? Vile outbursts serve nothing, this is just embarrassing, and all can see it except yourself.

Cricket is on Friday afternoons, Wednesday is croquet.

Mods, maybe time to close this thread down? It's getting weird..