PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scavenging a crashed 777: for a book
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2020, 08:18
kenpimentel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: landing
My research says that a 777 requires reinforced concrete to land on. It's 150 tons of plane. I'm not sure how heavy those other airplanes are landing on grass in the video.
As I understand things, the ACN of a 777-200ER is roughly 82 (depending on how loaded)
The PCN of an asphalt runway can be 30 (Georgetown International in Bahamas)
The PCN should be larger than the ACN if you want to land without damaging the runway
I have no idea what the PCN of a grass/gravel is, but I'm assuming it is much lower than asphalt
According to the data I found, single tire pressure is 1.5Mpascals of main landing gear just resting on a rigid surface. I don't know what the dynamic load would be, but significantly more than that.

So, to avoid the risk of the wheels digging in/breaking off, I have the plane ditching in shallow water (8') and driving up onto the saltpan.

Re: climbing back into the cabin
That's going to force a bunch of rewrites to fix it. I think they'll have to build a wooden ladder to get back up. Or pile the luggage in a mound? Ugh. Climbing the slide is workable for a few sturdy types.

Re: electric seats
Well, since there is no way to get the injured back up there, I guess the problem is solved...

Thanks again. Had wished for answers more aligned with my writing.