PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2020, 19:31
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Chug said: “I just don't trust the MOD to want to reform Air Safety.“

Shortly before the Nimrod Review was announced (2010?) I was hired by BAES to help introduce Mil Part M into a fleet in their contracts. DEFSTANS (05-130?) were already published (although very poorly edited) and the bones of organisations were already there as I arrived at my post.
There were a few glaring operating errors, naive regulatory assumptions and some BAES management issues to clear out but all were quite simply corrected even though it meant relocating and re-allocating some staff. The uptake of the DEFSTANS by the brand new MAA was initially really welcome...and then the decline started to happen...
Slowly, Almost one phrase at a time and then a chapter here and there, the regulations started changing back toward the old AP101 (or whatever it was)...and eventually the DEFSTANS were withdrawn replaced with whatever it is now. First I started slapping desks and then placing my head gently on the steering wheel as I left work...
Then, luckily, I was headhunted and left the place to the MAA/RAF’s leisure. Still masters of their own destiny.