PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2020, 15:30
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
I hear what you are saying racedo but you never tell us your solution for the coming years. Do you think it will just die out next year without a vaccine or do we just go back to a normal life now with all the consequences or is the virus fake?
Pandemic will burn itself outself.

How do I know this ? Well, history is the judge of this where pandemic eventually have nobody else to infect so it happens naturally. Mother Nature is the world's greatest killer and always will be.

Greater pandemics of before burnt themselves out BUT there was a longer gestation period as travel was slow. Black Death took 5-10 years to get to Europe across the Steppes and the initial virus mutated many many times to survive. The difference now is virus can be around the world in 80 hours so it mutates a lot more which is its weakness..

Covid-19 was definitely in Italy last year as analysis of samples have shown, likely in India as well and probably a few more places. Possibly it was part of 2018-19 flu season but unless people go back and test samples people will not know.

It is likely the next potential pandemics infection is already out there, it may die before it gets a chance to find a vulnerable host to carry it elsewhere or may just die out.

Spanish Influenza was worse in terms of deaths and people numbers, people survived that. Today for me is 102 anniversary of Great Grandfather dying due to this but it didn't stop my Great Grand mother living for another 30 plus years.

It is up to individuals to decide if they wish to live a life or to live in fear. Clearly some are clinging desperately for a panacea of a vaccine like an alcoholic hoping that the next drink will cure him.