PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 28th Nov 2020, 03:14
5star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you guys all forgotten about the ‘there is no fear in our Training Organization’ email we all got?
There were numerous line guys with good records suffering from fear/stress from hearing all the horror stories or having to perform in a box at 3am when your head didn’t know where it was from the brutal rosters...
That, with also the system where TREs were called in if they had a too high pass rate says it all I would think....
Or the story with the ‘non graded’ handling sims...need more?

During my 15 years, I saw traning getting better (when I started it was shockingly bad) to get indeed much better over time...However everyone could feel the rot setting in over the past 5 to 7 years.

There are some top trainers on board, many have left, but we all know that we didn’t want to do a less than optimal sim as that could open a can of worms....

It all starts at the top... Look at how much respect the crew get from the top....zero...well there you go...

Last edited by 5star; 28th Nov 2020 at 03:28. Reason: typo