PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 27th Nov 2020, 22:43
Maz11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VThokie2
when trainees are asked if they would like to practice some more EFATOs at RTOW beyond right at crosswind limits and the answer is universally “NO”... that’s a problem with the department!
I’d say that’s more a problem with the individual who is being asked the question. And their perception based on reading things like that on here.

In my 5 years here I have come across 1 trainer I had an issue with. During the previous 15 years at my previous company I had at least 6.

Lot of my colleagues had issues with guys in the sim, took it upstairs and subsequently got the recourse they deserved. That sort of thing just doesn’t appear on forums like this, and hence the cycle continues.

If you can’t believe a trainer when he asks you that sort of question, having said ‘this is spare time and it’s simply for your benefit, no come back at all’, then you need to need to grow up a bit. On the odd occasion that might have happened where someone was marked down for such an event, just get them to pull the tapes. If you think they only record when the trainer presses the button you’re sadly mistaken.

There will always be bad eggs in any industry, but to tar everyone because of that simply isn’t fair.