PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britain moves to protect its defence industry
Old 27th Nov 2020, 14:42
salad-dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cat Techie
No idea why you mentioned Dyson? He took the manufacturing away to the far east. My Grandfather was an example of the 50s. Company of his making tooling for the recovery of the UK. Old machines and little investment. Father forced hands into using the tools to press manufacture the items wishing to be made. NCN machinery coming in, Grandfather was more bothered about the golf course. No investment in new machines or practices. Good staff sodded off. Death was the deconstruction of engineering industries in the early 80s. I saw it. Reason the RAF was a bright star. The businesses my grandfather supported sodded off from the UK. They never came back. North Sea Oil? Answer is what the Norwiegens did compared to the UK. They didn't sell out their assets for a pitance. BTW I do not argue with your general points. Radcliffe stands alone in his support of the flag. Needs to pay for Bloodhound now mind.
Wondering what all that guff was about, then wondered if you posted it the same night as your crazed Tornado rantings, but no.