PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 26th Nov 2020, 08:13
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Kenparry , thanks for the corrections, let's agree it was at the same time OK ? , my point was to say that Europe manufacturers were producing more than Vanguards in 1969 or 70 which is was what was mentioned . As to fly-by wire, Ivanoff, one of the Airbus engineers working on the A320 at the time always said that the FBW used was a derivative of the Concorde technology . That was also my point.

Back to the Thread subject :
I learned during the recent AW&ST webinar that there are 837 Max parked around the world that need to be modified and de-preserved. , it was said that on average it will take 300 hours per aircraft to put them back in the air. estimated at a 15-16 days process per airframe.
In addition the additional pilots training package is apparently 5h with 3h sim and 2 h CBT... So it will take a while to get every airframe back on line..
China has not yet agreed to lift the Grounding and can wait as they have overcapacity since they do not fly internationally at the moment..
As you say in your country : the Max is not completely out of the woods yet.