PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornados
Thread: Tornados
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 23:32
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by langleybaston
Point of Order.
There were always at least 70 Met Office staff in RAFG/1 BR Corps on at least 6 bases, and more than 7 before my day. Not military [although we had dormant commissions for WW III] but a sight nearer the front line than a fair number of service personnel. Please look at the Forum rules: regarding "not military".
Incidentally I was on night duty at Gutersloh [2,4,19 and 92] when Czecho was invaded ...... the Cold War felt warm that night.
I was wearing NBC3 when I took that picture . Wearing the S10 on the 10pm duty supper "it is dark, we can fire a Scud" inter meal, interupt working life! Put a mask on because one didn't know what was in the bang coming your way. I was out in Telic during 2008. January to May. We had a Major from the Army that was famous for breaking his back in an IDF attack. He shouts his name. I remember the wife of the RAF ATC officer that tried to adminster the morphine to him with the medic that screwed up. Her husband got the dose. I was guard commander with the IDF recovery, a suspect IED form an unlabeled bag left in a place and found by a search party and a female Flt Lt in distress. Please tell me you have ever had to face that situation. I know the answer and that is never. You never have. I heard a man die on a radio net two weeks later when I was trying to see if my men were safe. You have never been in that situation. Maybe that is why I see your words and pay little respect to them.. I sworn on the coin. Wore the uniform.Lived the consequence.

Last edited by Cat Techie; 25th Nov 2020 at 23:48.