PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/EASA to Canadian ATPL
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 18:30
AirUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I understand this thread is old, but I've been searching for more information and haven't been very lucky so far.

I hold a UK CAA-issued ATPL(A) with B757/767 TR. I would like to obtain a Canadian ATPL as well. I wondered if anyone had been through the process and if so, would they be willing to answer a couple of questions for me please?

From what I understand, I need to carry out the following:

1. TC Class 1 medical - I can do this in the UK.
2. SAMRA/SARON/INRAT exams - is there a distance learning course or good study guide and/or practice questions for these? Also, can I sit thee exams anywhere in Europe or do I need to travel to Canada for that?
3. Training as required then Flight test - I assume this needs to be carried out in Canada, but perhaps there is an authorised instructor/examiner in the UK/EU who can do this?
4. Paperwork - as part of this my UK ATPL needs to be checked by TC - I am in full-time airline employment so I can't send this away, I guess the only option would be to book a flight to Canada to have the licence verified in person and have ny logbooks verified at the same time?

Have I missed anything else pertinent? I really appreciate anyone's assistance with this. I have a lot of family in Canada so the dream is to emigrate there one day, but for now I'd settle for just obtaining the licence. Thank you in advance, UK.