PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying out of UK in current restrictions
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 16:20
TimGriff6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a strange thing for an airline (or any organisation) to ask for isn't it? Perhaps I have it wrong but I thought that a vaccination protects the person who has had it, not the people around them. If I've had an effective vaccination I don't care whether the people around me have the disease or are carriers, I won't get it. I am taking responsibility for myself and don't care about what other people are doing. Now, if they were asking for proof by test that I haven't got the disease in the interim period when vaccinations have been started but the world programme has not completed, I could understand it because proof of a vaccination has a much longer life than a test result. Given that the UK Government have already suggested that they will give priority to the elderly and care workers, it is likely to take a long time before the younger part of the population is in a position to produce proof of vaccination. I think that they are barking up the wrong tree here but as I said, I may be wrong.

Please put me right?