PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas vaccine. IATA Health Passport.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 09:01
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
This is the question I often ask. How does your training in aviation make you a sufficient authority on biomedical matters that you think you can argue with people who have decades of experience in that field?
It doesn't.

It all comes down to conspiracy theorists, people who want to feel smarter than the "so called experts", the Dunning Kruger effect, well meaning people unfortunately influenced by persuasive voices in media and social media and those with an ideological agenda.

Having a browse at the biographies of the development team of one of the vaccines, I can see university professor, Pharmaceutical Science head, immunotherapy association President, Chief Medical Officer and doctorates in Medicine. So unless some of the ones here think they know more about vaccines than the above people having secretly been moonlighting as vaccine researchers then they are totally full of it, and are spreading misinformation en masse. Disinformation and discredited theories have already taken a toll on healthcare workers and have probably exacerbated the spread of the virus. My hope is these discredited opinions are very quickly debunked by informed professionals.