PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas vaccine. IATA Health Passport.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 05:44
ams6110

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The debate here shows we've lost the ability to have nuanced discussion. If you're not an unreserved advocate for immediate COVID vaccination well then you're an "anti-vaxxer." There's no allowance for anything in between.

I have all the usual vaccinations. My children have them as well; I never questioned it. There is a difference between well-established safe vaccinations against diseases with high mortality or serious lasting effects among children and young healthy people and vaccinations against a virus with a mortality slightly higher than a bad flu mostly limited to the very old. Especially for a virus that we learned about 10 months ago, for vaccines that have been rushed through the normal protocols, with only preliminary results as to efficacy, by pharmaceutical companies that have been granted immunity from any liability. For them this situation is is as close to a license to print money as they ever get. Surely there is no chance they would take any shortcuts, cherry pick their data, or bury unfavorable results. On top of all that, it happened in an election cycle and the media and the candidates made it a wedge issue.

By all means if you are old or otherwise high risk or just feel the need, and feel safer with a vaccine, then queue up.

I will wait until the hysteria dies down, look at what we know at that time, and make my own decision. If that makes me an anti-vaxxer in your mind, that is your problem.