PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you do it again?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2020, 15:51
rudder_authority

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PilotLZ

Very well said. I love flying not for the money, glory, glamor, etc. I love the subtle intricacies and dynamics of operating an aircraft. I wanted to make a career out of this interest. I wanted to join a flight school right after I finished high school. My family persuaded me to do otherwise. I'm glad I listened to them. I'm doing something similar to what you've advised.

I got a university degree and I've been working as a professional for a few years now. The intention was to build a decent plan B foundation before I tried to get into one of the cadet pilot programs available to me. Due to the unprecedented situation, that's going to be delayed for many years. Thankfully, I'll still have a source of income in the mean time.

A mate of mine went down the "modular" path after high school and is still unemployed. Another, who around the beginning of this year joined a cadet program, is also unemployed now as the program was terminated about a couple of months into the pandemic.

Sometimes things fall into place late for some of us. I hope as they say that the best things often come to those who wait! At the back of my mind, there is a thought to take up flying as a hobby. Depends on how things transpire over the next few years..