PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2020, 11:59
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts

Alas, Dogle, this thread lost its vital spark when our honorary CO departed on his final posting, much as I enjoy the posts of his late comrades' successors. We have been assured by the Mods that this thread is a priceless record of aviation history by those who were there, and will be preserved for as long as Prune exists.

As to the IWM, don't hold your breath; they showed total disinterest in Danny's book about a forgotten Air Force supporting a forgotten Army in a forgotten theatre of war. Nothing personal – they were just as disinterested in my father's photographs of Fairey Battle operations in France, 1940. Of course they haven't room for everything.

However, we won't forget our valiant posters and anyone who hasn't read In with a Vengeance and Danny in the Cold War should send me their email address via PM and I'll send them the books with a request for a donation to the RAF Benevolent Fund. With hundreds of copies despatched over the past couple of years, as Danny said the Fund must think it's their birthday!

There is also Reg Levy's excellent account published as Night Flak to Hijack.

Best wishes to everyone who shared the halcyon years of this fascinating thread.