PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornados
Thread: Tornados
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2020, 20:40
OvertHawk

Received 120 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Odanrot
I don’t post much and some of the comments here are probably part of the reason.
The photo, or a copy of it, hangs in my study as I’m in it and it is a Wing Photo of part of the RAFG Strike/Attack capability in 1987. The rest were the sqns at Larbruch and Gutersloh, as well all the U.K. based sqns of Buccs, Harriers, Jaguars and the AD sqns.
It”s the Bruggen Wing, correctly identified as IX, 14, 17 and 31 Sqns. There are 48 aircraft in the picture, 12 from each Sqn and they were towed there by very proud and conscientious ground crew not wingers who weren’t in it. At the time we were in the frontline of the Cold War and although cold in terms of bullets flying around we took it extremely seriously and as a result of our dedication and, for some, great sacrifices, we won, only to hand the World over to the people who created the current balls up. Some of those photographed didn’t return from what happened 4 years later and we remember them
Take the p..s all you like, just make sure that if it’s ever your turn you are up for it.
Well said Sir.